Catholic Dating And Your Appearance
Catholic dating is all about showing your respect for others and for yourself. As you start to date, remember that your general appearance really does play a role in what others think of you. It also plays a role in what people expect from you. Today, young adults are not always wearing clothing that covers them up but that does not mean you have to wear clothing that is too revealing. Finding the right balance is an important part of dating in a respectful manner. Do not overlook this aspect of Catholic dating!
Catholic Dating Advice On Clothing
Since it is often an important topic, start by talking about the clothing you are wearing.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and not tight.
- Avoid clothing that offers a deep neckline that exposes cleavage. This is not the impression you want to give and it definitely will cause temptation for both of you that is unwanted.
- Avoid wearing anything that exposes the thighs.
- Avoid wearing clothing with inappropriate messages especially in areas of the body that are not to be noticed.
Both men and women can find clothing that is appropriate to wear to any occasion. Dress up for more formal evenings out, but keep it fun and relaxing for casual events.
Other Tips To Remember
Outside of the clothing that you wear, other aspects of your appearance will affect your dating experience. For example, avoid wearing heavy makeup or seductive colognes and perfumes. These only cause more lustful thoughts and can lead to temptation situations which you want to avoid.
- Choose makeup that is flattering to your face and in keeping with your Catholic faith.
- Avoid any type of accessory that would be revealing or otherwise not something you would feel comfortable wearing to church functions.
- Do take the time to do your hear and to clean yourself up. You want to show your date that you do care about the way you look and that you do respect them enough to take these small steps.
The finishing touches on your appearance may be the items that matter the most. For example, do wear a smile with you. Be sure that you are standing upright so that your back is straight. This helps to show your confidence. There is a difference between aggressive and arrogance and being confident. Be sure to make eye contact with your date as well. You do want to dress your best and act your best whenever you are dating.
Yes, the rules of Catholic dating do make a difference in your life. They are a way to show just how committed you are to yourself and to living a lifestyle that you are proud of. Take the time to check out your appearance to ensure that you fit the part just right. This way, you will feel comfortable the entire time you are on your date and you know that you have done nothing to stir the wrong emotions in your date.